Please be aware that any personally identifiable or other professional information that you voluntarily choose to have displayed publicly on the überManuals Services – including your username, alias, or ID – becomes publicly available information and may be collected and used by others without restriction.
The Information überManuals Collects:
- Subscriber-provided Information: You may provide to überManuals what is generally called “personally identifiable” information (such as your name, email address, postal mailing address, home/mobile telephone number, credit card number and billing information) if you subscribe to the überManuals Services, or otherwise purchase or download certain products or information or use other features on the überManuals Services. You may also provide to überManuals certain professional information such are your title, organization’s address, project-related information, and the information of various employees or contractors.
- “Cookies” Information: When you visit the überManuals Services, we may send one or more cookies – small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters – to your computer. überManuals may use both session cookies and persistent cookies. A session cookie disappears after you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the überManuals Services. Persistent cookies can be removed. Please review your web browser "Help" file to learn the proper way to modify your cookie settings.
- “Automatically Collected” Information: When you visit or use the überManuals Services we may automatically record certain information from your web browser or system by using different types of technology. This “automatically collected” information may include Internet Protocol address (“IP Address”), web browser type, the web pages or sites that you visit just before or just after the überManuals Services, the pages you view on the überManuals Services, and the dates and times that you visit the überManuals Services.
The Way überManuals Uses Information:
- überManuals uses the information you provide or that we collect to operate, maintain, enhance, and provide all of the features and services found on the überManuals website as well as to track user-generated content and Users to the extent necessary to comply as a service provider with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
- überManuals reserves the right to use your email address, without further consent, for administrative purposes such as notifying you of major überManuals Services updates, for customer service purposes, or to address copyright infringement issues.
- überManuals uses all of the information that we collect to understand the usage trends and preferences of our Users, to improve the way the überManuals Services work and look, and to create new features and functionality.
- überManuals may use “automatically collected” information and “cookies” information to: (a) determine user-specific access privileges and remember your information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the überManuals Services; (b) provide customized third-party content, and information; (c) create project-timeline forecasts and offer other project-management related features; (d) monitor aggregate site usage metrics such as total number of visitors and pages viewed; and (e) track your project entries, submissions, and status in any other activities.
- überManuals will not use your email address or other personally identifiable information to send promotional or marketing messages without your consent or except as part of a specific program or feature for which you will have the ability to opt-in.
When überManuals Discloses Information:
- überManuals does not share your personally identifiable information with other third-party organizations for their marketing or promotional uses without your express consent.
- überManuals may also disclose Subscriber information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with state and federal laws (such as U.S. Copyright law) or respond to a court order, judicial or other government subpoena, or warrant. In some cases, we may make such disclosures without providing notice to Users.
- überManuals also reserves the right to disclose Subscriber information that we believe, in good faith, is appropriate or necessary to take precautions against liability; protect überManuals from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful uses; to investigate and defend ourselves against any third-party claims or llegations; to assist government enforcement agencies; to protect the security or integrity of the überManuals Services; or to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of überManuals, our Users, or others.
You may, of course, decline to share your personally-identifiable or professional information with überManuals, in which case überManuals will not be able to provide to you the überManuals Services. You may update, correct, or delete your profile information and preferences at any time by going to the account section of the überManuals Services.
To protect your privacy and security, we take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting you account access or making corrections to your information. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR MAINTAINING THE SECRECY OF YOUR UNIQUE PASSWORD AND ACCOUNT INFORMATION AT ALL TIMES.
Our Commitment to Data Security:
überManuals uses commercially reasonable physical, managerial, and technical safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of your personal information. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to überManuals, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission of information, überManuals makes commercially reasonable efforts to ensure the security of our systems. However, please note that this is not a guarantee or warrant that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.
If überManuals learns of a security systems breach, then we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. überManuals may post a notice on the überManuals Services if a security breach occurs.
Our Commitment To Children’s Privacy:
Protecting the privacy of young children is especially important. For that reason, überManuals Services does not knowingly collect or maintain information from persons under 13 years of age, and no part of the überManuals Services are structured to attract anyone under 13. If you are under 13 years of age, then please do not use or access the überManuals Services at any time or in any manner. If überManuals learns that personally identifiable information of persons under 13 years of age has been collected on the überManuals Services without verified parental consent, then überManuals will take the appropriate steps to delete this information.
For those of you visiting us from the European Economic Area or other non-U.S. territories, please note that any data you enter into the überManuals Services will be transferred outside the European Economic Area or such other territory for use by überManuals and its affiliates for any of the purposes described herein. In addition, because überManuals operates globally, we make information we gather available to our worldwide business units and affiliates. By providing any data on the überManuals Services you hereby expressly consent to such transfers.
In the Event of Merger or Sale:
In the event that überManuals is acquired by or merged with a third-party entity, we reserve the right, in any of these circumstances, to transfer or assign the information that we have collected from Users as part of such merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control.
Effective Date, Date Last Modified:
überManuals Contact Information: